Ferenc Kovacs wrote (on 15/07/2014):
On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Andrea Faulds <a...@ajf.me> wrote:

as I mentioned above, nobody argues that input validation (and escaping
output in a context sensitive manner) is a must.
Isn’t a must, surely? (I assume that was a typo)

I wasn't talking about the rfc or the typehints, but having proper input
validation in your application in general.

I think it was just sloppy grammar: you wrote "nobody argues that ... is a must" but meant "nobody argues that ... isn't a must", or "nobody argues against ... being a must"; or perhaps "nobody disagrees that ... is a must" / "everybody agrees that ... is a must".

:)