Hi!

> There are really only two levels of error IMO, those that are log
> file messages (silenced or no), and those that actually stop the
> script unless handled. I worry about making E_CAST the former but
> allowing people to make it the latter, because then people would and
> suddenly code relying on it being the former would make your app stop
> working.

This is already a possibility. You can turn E_NOTICE or E_STRICT into a
fatal error by using error handlers. In fact, phpunit does it all the
time, turning errors into exceptions. So are you saying other error
levels are worthless too because libraries can work with one set of
error handlers and fail with another?

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/