On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Ferenc Kovacs <tyr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Zeev,
>
> The discussion seems to be sidetracked by the topic on when should we
> release PHP-NEXT and what else should it contains.
> Could we agree to put that aside for now, and agree to discuss this later,
> after we managed to have a consensus on merging phpng to master?

I do not think it is reasonable to do so. Empty promises are never
met. Once it is in, we will be doomed, blocking additions or change in
the name of a 1% perf etc will be common, let alone migration guides,
documentations, etc.

> I think that it is an important question, but not having phpng in master
> block the other features/changes as well, and we don't have to decide about
> the roadmap/features for PHP-NEXT right now.
> Thanks for your understanding!

None of the worries have been solved, so we are going to vote on given
phpng white card and hope everything will be fine. History told me
that it does not work. On the hand, some clear statements about the
numerous questions raised here, updated docs and migrations guide,
list of actual changes and how, all these things will help to take an
informed decisions instead of shooting in the dark and hoping for the
best.

Cheers,
--
Pierre