+1024... :-)

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: larue...@gmail.com [mailto:larue...@gmail.com] 代表 Laruence
发送时间: 2014年7月25日 14:57
收件人: PHP Internals
主题: [PHP-DEV] About PHP NG "document lacking" argument

Hey:

    First of all,  I don't want to make *that* thead longer...

    as you can see, some devers says critically phpng is lacking of document,
and they make that as the main reason for them to against phpng.

    I have to say,  in my opinion it's totally ridiculous.

    1. how many devers in here really knows zend engine? how many tried to know
it?
        I assume a little, as you can see, only a few activate zend engine
maintainers now.  dmitry is the most experience one.

    2. does PHP really has had a good API document?

        no,  when I first tried to write a extension,  I found no documents, or
they was far beyond outdate, I event don't know how
config.m4 works..

        I learn PHP by reading the codes, and the example under ext/*

    3. is document really important for PHPng?

        I don't think so,  PHP can always read the codes, PHP is opensource ,
it is not *MS* who need document to tell people what it did in dark.

     4.  is PHPng API became more ugly?  or harder to maintainable?

        I feel really bad to see somebody said such things...

        first of all. ugly, maintainable. it is too too subjective, and to be
honest, it's obviously biased attitude.

         second,  I , the main author of PHPNG, and Nikita, Dmitry, are the
most activate internal contributors now.  so you are saying we are writing ugly
codes? I really can not agree with that.

         actually, the zend_hash API become more clear, and beatifuy than
before.

         maintainable?  who is the main force to maintain the PHP internal now?
yes, the authors of PHPNG..

         I think I have the more rights to say whether it is more maintainer
able or not.

         and it's become more maintainable, because of more clean API and more
reasonable logics.

    5. are we going to write docs?

        yes,  for people, who in love with PHP, who want to make PHP
extensions, we are glad to write some APIs (which will be enough in a dever
eye).

       actually we already doing it: https://wiki.php.net/phpng-upgrading

    6. is PHPng really faster?

        yes, from my own test, it get more than 80% qps improvement in
wordpress than php-5.6 . for those big PHP users, that means they can save lots
of money.

        I see no reason to not have such a great change. anyone who tried to
block such a amazing feature merge into PHP, is doing crime for PHP.

    I am not a native english speaker,  so maybe I confused you in some words ,
sorry for that.

   I really hope the people in this group, the people who loves PHP, the people
who want PHP become more popular here. stop less reasonable arguing, let's
together to make this biggest change merge into PHP, make PHP users more easy
life..

   If you think we need write doc,  let us write it.

   If you think we need more clean APIs?  please tell me what style is more
clean, we can disccuss it,  refactor it.

   If you meet problems when you try to upgrade you extension from PHP to
PHPng,  let's add more info into the doc, or I can do some part of your work
for you. as I have almost refactor all the extensions under ext/

  and what do you want else?

  please, just, please, stop the worthless talking, I really don't want to see
such useless words anymore..

thanks

--
Laruence  Xinchen Hui