Hi!

> Yes, I agree that this is not correct behavior - and I don't really
> understand why it was introduced and why it isn't trivial to fix.
> PHP-5.5 had a check for this case in place
> (http://lxr.php.net/xref/PHP_5_5/Zend/zend_compile.c#7071) and phpng
> contains an AST-compatible variant of the array check
> (http://lxr.php.net/xref/phpng/Zend/zend_compile.c#7776). Shouldn't
> copying the condition from phpng into PHP-5.6 resolve this issue?

I agree it should be easy to fix it this way, but I'd like for Bob to
provide a bit more input here as to best way to resolve it. I'm not sure
why usage of arrays in runtime is disallowed now in 5.6 code, so I'm not
sure if we should enable it or remove it.

If we don't find another way soon, I guess porting one from phpng is
what we'll have to do.
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/