On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Rowan Collins <rowan.coll...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ferenc Kovacs wrote (on 13/08/2014):
>
>> Btw. I've added a comment to https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=67757 as
>> I've found some really weird behavior for multiple defaults and I think
>> that it would be better to try to figure out and fix why do we pick the
>> last default in the problematic snippet instead of trying to remove the
>> multiple default support to get rid of the setup which can make this bug to
>> surface.
>>

> You're misinterpreting the behaviour of http://3v4l.org/r3poR
>
> It is not selecting the first default, it just never needs to look for a
> default, because it has already found a matching case label.

yes, and it continues the execution from the first matching case and
correctly evaluates the following defaults, as default matches everything,
which imo should be the correct behavior.

> If you supply a value which requires the default label to be selected, the
> last default label will be selected, as in all other examples to date:
> http://3v4l.org/lQ7WE

having a different behavior for default when there is a preceeding matching
empty case is not the expected(from the userland point of view) behavior
imo.

ps: sorry for the imprecise/lousy definitions on my part, I hope I can get
my message through though.

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu