Am 22.8.2014 um 13:16 schrieb Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com>:
> Hi internals!
>
> Today the int64 RFC has been merged, despite objections regarding the
> naming changes it introduces.
>
> As we were not given a chance to resolve this issue before the merge, a
> short proposal has been created, which aims to revert all unnecessary
> naming changes and instead use type names that are consistent with the
> existing code base and expectations:
>
>    https://wiki.php.net/rfc/better_type_names_for_int64
>
> Due to the unexpected merge on short notice, with no chance for discussion,
> this issue is blocking a number of other patches. As such I ask if we can
> move through this RFC with a shortened cycle. I would not appreciate having
> to wait three weeks to have a workable codebase again.
>
> Nikita

Yes, please. We're all in favor of the 64 bit implementation, but definitely
not on
the naming. I think it was a big mistake to not separate the naming and
implementation votes initially.

I also would support a shorter RFC cycle, due to its blocking nature.
[Vote in 2-3 days, vote lasting one week as usual]

Bob