Hi!

> Making everything descend from the same class may require a number of
> changes and much bigger design effort than this RFC aims at, with wider
> BC implications.

I am not sure, whether this might be a problem (I am just starting to
dive into PHP internals), but I can think of constructor visibility
problems. What visibility should the main constructor have?
If it is public (or protected), you can't have private constructors
anylonger

> Fatal error: Access level to Foo::__construct() must be public (as in
class BaseClass)

So there have to be changes in the validation of a class and in the
instantiation to not get this problem. Don't know whether this is a
bigger concern, but I just got this idea.