Hey Matteo,

> On 16 Dec 2014, at 10:52, Matteo Beccati <p...@beccati.com> wrote:
>
> On 16/12/2014 08:55, Andrea Faulds wrote:
>> Could you tell me which RFCs targeted 5.7 and didn’t just add deprecation
>> notices? I’m unaware of any.
>
> I've tried to search the ML for such list of RFCs:
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/gc_fn_pointer
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/secure_unserialize (also 5.6 if RMs agree)
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/closure_apply
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/pack_unpack_64bit_formats (targeting 5.6)
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/intdiv
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/session.user.return-value
>
> maybe others too, but I got bored ;)

I wrote the Closure::call() and intdiv() RFCs. Truth be told, they both
targeted master, not a specific PHP version. master has become PHP 7, so
whatever the wording of them said, they really target PHP 7 now. They were
written back before the whole PHP 7/phpng thing when I didn’t know whether we
were going to go straight to PHP 7 or whether there’d be another minor and then
PHP 7 a year or two after. Now we’re going straight to PHP 7 - the 5.7 proposed
wouldn’t be an exception to that, as 5.7 would have no new features and be
released around the same time. It’s not, well, the 5.7 I had in mind when I
wrote those RFCs.

Filtered unserialize() and 64-bit pack/unpack targeted 5.6 micro releases, not
5.7.

I don’t really know about the session handling and GC ones.
--
Andrea Faulds
http://ajf.me/