On 14 January 2015 at 00:16, Andrea Faulds <a...@ajf.me> wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> I’ve made some quite significant changes to my Scalar Type Hints RFC, and
> bumped its version to 0.2.
>
> Here: https://wiki.php.net/rfc/scalar_type_hints
>
> This is a new thread because I’ve made a significant revision to the RFC, so
> it’d be sensible to separate discussion of the updated RFC from the v0.1 RFC.
>
> Please tell me your thoughts.

I really don't like this behaviour being changed at the call site. If
I design a function that I _know_ should only take a string, then I
want it to be an error if the user supplies anything else, so that
they know they messed up.

Also, there's this, that you might be able to re-purpose.
https://github.com/php/php-src/blob/d5dd29/Zend/zend_compile.c#L7199