Hi Dmitry,

Actually the RFC was approved by 1 or 2 votes more than needed, but the
overall response from core maintainers was that it was overly complex,
adding features the language did not support until that point (named
parameters, short array syntax as examples), it was broken with the
proposed opcache merge (was not a trivial fix IIRC) and memory expensive.

I think a simpler approach could work now as I suggested in previous
messages. It does not add new features besides annotations itself.
We'd still have to discuss about the memory usage and where the metadata
class instances should be placed.

[]s,