Hello, Lars!

> Looks cool and I could see a couple of interesting possibilities arising.
> One thing: any particular reason ExtensionInterface is static? I could see
> a couple of benefits having extensions carry state and registerExtension()
> taking an instance of ExtensionInterface, not a class name. What do you
> think?

Thanks for the positive feedback! My first thought was to use instances for
extensions: https://gist.github.com/lisachenko/ffcfdec4c46e01864b33.
However, I have a doubts that this will introduce additional possibilities
for side-effects, when extensions can be configured
differently/loaded/unloaded. In this thread some people noticed this fact
too and suggested to add a restrictions for preventing conditional parsing
of the source code.

So, static method and static registration was chosen to reduce a number of
possible conditional extensions. This has some disadvantages (testing,
configuration, etc), but should give better experience with parsing
behavior.