> De : Lester Caine [mailto:les...@lsces.co.uk]
>
> On 19/02/15 04:44, Dennis Birkholz wrote:
> > I just saw the reddit where you mention that v0.4 is practically
> > abandoned now, so I will just renounce my previous mail!
>
> DO NOT USE OTHER CHANNELS!

Agreed.

And the RFC was not abandoned at all. I and others have been working almost
continuously on a 'compromise' single-mode approach during the last 3 days (and
nights), as activity on the list shows with no doubt. So,  pretending the RFC
to be 'abandoned' is just a way to discard a disagreed work.

As long as she does not officially gives up (posting to the list), I'll keep
considering Sara still has the lead on scalar type hinting. If she officially
gives up, I'll immediately propose to take it over and, if we are several to
want it, we'll discuss.

That's the rule and I encourage list members to explicitly show their support
to the formal process we all agreed upon.

For the rest, Lester summarized quite well my view about designing PHP for
static analysis, instead of static analysis for PHP ;)

Regards

François