On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 9:13 AM, Leigh <lei...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19 February 2015 at 15:45, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Still, no announce for a discussion about this specific RFC. And
>> really, the content of the RFC is almost empty, pointing to the ML
>> archive is really not the right way :)
>
> There was an RFC announce thread 3 days ago. I agree 3 days is a short
> period of time, but the announce thread existed. Maybe it was a reply
> to DbC with a changed subject and your mail client didn't show it as
> new? I don't know, there was definitely a thread though.

I mentioned that thread in my comment. It is still way behind what
should be done when creating a new RFC,  let alone pushing it to the
vote phase.

> On 19 February 2015 at 16:06, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I like the concept and idea but still not sure about the custom
>> exception vs AssertException.
>
> Looking at the implementation, it seems that the custom exception
> still has to descend from AssertException
>
> https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/1088/files#diff-232f2dffbb06c0b6004724d8a498e7e7R248
>
> That seems like a good restriction to me. You can still catch
> everything with AssertException but you can make it more specific if
> you want.

I did not comment on what should be done, while I do consider this
open question as a blocker to actually take a good decision for this
RFC. I do think it should be discussed, answered and voted either at
the same time or before this RFC.

--
Pierre

@pierrejoye | http://www.libgd.org