Yasuo Ohgaki in php.internals (Thu, 26 Feb 2015 06:20:46 +0900):
>I probably don't understand your question. We already have php_value and
>php_admin_value to change INI value in .htaccess (and like).
>
> php_value "zend.script_extensions" ".php .myext"  # Works like globals
>ini_set()
> php_admin_value "zend.script_extensions" ".php .myext" # The same as
>above, except script cannot change this setting.
>
>Did you mean this feature is needed? If so, we already have.

If you already have this feature, then you are promoting the RFC the
wrong way. You are constantly hammering on ini_set() to mitigate the
effects of the change. That would cause a lot of code changes for many
frameworks.

With .htaccess this is a lot easier.

php_value "zend.script_extensions" ".php .install .module .test .inc \
        .engine .profile"

in the root .htaccess of a Drupal installation would be all there is
needed to fix Drupal. Maybe I am missing some extension, but it will be
easy to add that one as well. No code change needed, so the BC break is
much less severe.

Jan