On 02/03/15 21:39, Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:
> I wrote almost complete list. Please take a look at
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/consistent_function_names#list_of_functions_to_be_renamed

While the idea of this is well meant, this is another major problem for
developers working with substantial legacy code yet needing to update
third party libraries. The statement "You can use old names for good."
is all very well, but if one library has been 'modernised and another
not, one has to work with both sets of names in parallel ... or maintain
legacy copies of the same libraries.

Updating the PHP documentation is all very well, but how about
tutorials, books, third party tools and so on. I would still like some
help to update PHPEclipse to the recent PHP5 changes without having to
code a complete new set of reserved words and highlighting ... ore
reason to simply ditch PHP7 ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL