Hi!

> as developing both Java and PHP, I would suggest a solution similar to
> Java. As long as there is no conflict to a local variable the keyword
> $this should be the default.

"As long as" there is a key. There may be conflict, and unlike Java
PHP's properties are dynamic. Java way is very hard to track which
variable belongs where, which is somewhat mitigated by the fact that the
property set is fixed (so the IDE can help you to figure it out) but not
completely. I think PHP's way is more verbose but much more clear.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com