Le mer. 11 mars 2015 à 22:44, Marcio Almada <marcio.w...@gmail.com> a
écrit :

> > On 11/03/15 09:05, wp12173047-156224 wp12173047-156224 wrote:
>
> > Most of the examples being shown are examples of simple bad programming
> > practice that needs fixing anyway, and I would expect a proper code
> > review to have picked them up, so don't see that adding the check in PHP
> > is essential. It would however be a useful addition but in the E_STRICT
> > category ... not that I want to maintain that, but being able to ignore
> > those errors until such time as it is appropriate to fix them.

I don't really see how this favors E_STRICT over E_NOTICE as any of this
type of errors can be displayed/hidden independently.

> I think this is a valid argument to keep the E_STRICT error level option
> for the secondary voting.
> That's a very useful information, thanks :)

It also depends on your perception of E_STRICT. This level has been
introduced in 5.0 without being part of E_ALL in order to, among other
things, avoid too much pain in the *** while migrating from 4.x to 5.x.
As of 5.4, E_ALL contains E_STRICT and the difference between E_STRICT and
E_NOTICE/E_WARNING is certainly not in terms of severity.
Using an undefined variable or property => notice.
Trying to get property of non-object => notice.
Use of undefined constant => notice

For this reason, I think we should use the standard notice/warning/error
levels as much as possible. You may take a look at Nikita's "Reclassify
E_STRICT RFC" for more info about it.
https://wiki.php.net/rfc/reclassify_e_strict

Cheers,
Patrick