> Which post says that we're turning PHP into Java

I think there are people who want to switch from Java to PHP, maybe they feel
easier with declare(strict...).
Also in the past, some companies switched from PHP to Java because they wanted
more strictness in their backend code.

I don't like declare(strict...), but we should give it a chance in practice and
then every userland developer can decide on his own if his programming style
fits to it, or not.
For me personally, I must admit that I am not using namespaces, traits and
goto, but almost all other features of PHP :)

Regards
Thomas