On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 4:39 PM, Damien Tournoud <d...@damz.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 9:35 PM, Daniel Lowrey <rdlow...@php.net> wrote:
>>
>> This is actually a *vastly* inferior solution to language-level support
for generator returns. greenlet/gevent does it this way because these
libraries were created before Python supported generator delegation (and
continue supporting Python 2.5). When you have generator returns you don't
need any of that additional cruft. Instead, a language supporting generator
returns can simply yield promises (or whatever concurrency primitive you
prefer). Period.

> Hi Daniel,
>
> I actually disagree here. Using generators as coroutine is a hack, and is
vastly inferior to having actual coroutine support in the language, but
obviously we do what we can with the language we have.

> (Yes, I am in the camp that *really* dislike explicit yielding.)
>
> I do understand where this is coming from, so changing my vote to yes on
the other RFC.

> Damien

I can appreciate your viewpoint :)

We do what we can with the tools we have at our disposal. If you don't want
to see it happen then I can live with that. It is, my job, as the RFC
author to persuade people. Thanks for your honest input!