Author of PR https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/1145 here.

I'm really quite sorry. I didn't mean to create a mess here. I was just
trying to contribute. :/

Unfortunately, whether or not an RFC was necessary for an addition like
this wasn't very clear. I'm an internals noob, so I simply tried to follow
the flow of the addition of the similar method
`DateTimeImmutable::createFromMutable()` that was added, without RFC
(correct me if I'm wrong), in 5.6.0:
http://php.net/manual/en/datetimeimmutable.createfrommutable.php

Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of Derick's `createFromMutable()` method
(why isn't there just a `createFromInstance()` or `copy()` method of some
sort), but I tried to best follow the current design with my proposal and
pull request.

I think some clarification regarding what does or does-not require an RFC
would make it much more helpful to contributors that want to help build PHP.

Again, sorry if I caused any issue here.

- Trevor