On 22 April 2015 at 11:24, Peter Cowburn <petercowb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> cc-ing doc list
>
> On 22 April 2015 at 10:40, Stelian Mocanita <stelian.mocan...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello internals,
>>
>> I would like to ask what on your thoughts on removing the Oracle drive for
>> PDO from the documentation (http://us1.php.net/manual/en/ref.pdo-oci.php)
>> at least since it's been experimental for a long time now, and it has long
>> standing open bugs, such as:
>>

>From the documentation point of view:

Just because an extension is considered experimental, or indeed
unmaintained, is no reason to remove the extension from the manual.  We
have a bunch of extensions marked as experimental [1] or dead [2] and I
don't see why pdo_oci should be any different.

>> https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=37706
>> https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=46728
>> https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=60994
>>
>> I know that the extension is marked as experimental already but based on
>> the current status, it's not even that and a significant amount of basic
>> functionality is broken.

Let's mark the extension as "dead" in the manual, as we do with other dead
extensions.

>> Regards,
>> Stelian

[1] bcompiler, blenc, dbplus, haru, memtrack, ming, paradox, pdo_4d,
pdo_oci, sca, sdodasrel, spl_types, svn, swish, vpopmail, xmlrpc
[2] classkit, fam, fdf, iisfunc, msession, nis, session_pgsql