On 22 April 2015 at 11:40, Stelian Mocanita <steli...@php.net> wrote:

> Peter,
>
> I did not know about the documentation part, thanks for clearing that out.
>
> I would like to ask though, what is the benefit of having the dead
> extensions there?
> From my point of view, it does more harm than good having them in the
> manual
> (I am only referring here to extensions that never got to a production
> grade).
>
> On marking the extension as dead, how would we proceed in this case?

We have boilerplate text for marking PECL extensions as dead, and we would
use that again here.

However, I'd hold off on that until a decision (if any) has been made on
what to do with the extension itself, like moving it (back) to PECL. We
shouldn't be distributing a "dead" extension in the main php-src tree, nor
proclaiming an extension "dead" in the manual when that hasn't been
"officially" decided yet.