On 06/28/2015 09:22 PM, Christoph Becker wrote:
Marc Bennewitz wrote:

On 06/25/2015 09:48 PM, Aaron Piotrowski wrote:
On Jun 25, 2015, at 2:39 PM, Marc Bennewitz <dev@mabe.berlin
<mailto:dev@mabe.berlin>> wrote:

Nice to see this - didn't noted it in the last month :)

But there is one edge case that is not handled by PHP-7 at current
behavior;
http://3v4l.org/HkRQ7

class Foo {
    public static function __callStatic($m, $args) {
        var_dump($m);
    }
    public function __call($m, $args) {
        var_dump($m);
    }
}

$callable = [new Foo, ''];
$callable(); // string(0) ""

$callable = 'Foo::';
$callable(); // Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined
function Foo::()

This behavior is inconsistent!

Thanks
Marc

Interesting, I didn’t consider that an empty method name should invoke
__callStatic(). I’ll look into fixing this sometime today or tomorrow.
Is this edge case addressed now?
My PR has been closed now where this edge case was addressed, too.
That is supposed to be addressed by
<http://git.php.net/?p=php-src.git;a=commit;h=ba67fc221890aaa395912aefebb96155afe671c1>.
  Can you please confirm with a recent master?  (The Windows snapshots
currently in build progress are likely to have this commit included, too.)
It's fixed now - Thanks! :)