On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 7:02 PM, Côme BERNIGAUD <come.bernig...@opensides.be>
wrote:

> On 2015-07-05 11:18, Stanislav Malyshev wrote:
>
>> I've been rebuilding my checkout of master and I've discovered LDAP
>> build is broken:
>>
>> Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
>>    "_ldap_control_find", referenced from:
>>        _zif_ldap_control_paged_result_response in ldap.o
>> ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
>> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
>> invocation)
>>

> Hello,
>
> Which library are you building against?
> We tried to understand which libs PHP-LDAP was supposed to support but
> found nothing besides openldap so we went and based our cleanup on a
> requirement being openldap>=2.4.
> Are you using an older version, or an other library? Which one?

hi,

I can reproduce the issue mentioned by Stas, with the default libldap.dylib
on Mac OSX 10.10.14 (latest version).
The interesting thing is that the header file contains the function:
[tyrael@Ferencs-MacBook-Pro php-src.git (master ✗)]$ grep
'ldap_control_find' /usr/include/ldap.h
ldap_control_find LDAP_P((
LDAP_CONST char *oid,
LDAPControl **ctrls,
LDAPControl ***nextctrlp ));

but the precompiled library does not:
[tyrael@Ferencs-MacBook-Pro php-src.git (master ✗)]$ nm -gU
/usr/lib/libldap.dylib|grep find
0000000000008dee T _ldap_find_control

The version information for ldap here reports it's version as 2.4.28, but I
wouldn't be surprised if this is different from the official upstream.

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu