Hi Come,

The vars are '/usr/lib' and 'so' ... yep, it obviously does wrong dir search.
On 64-bit Ubuntu it's multilib as I've posted earlier
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/liblber-2.4.so.2, so test -f would clearly fail. But
actually, it should fail to configure then.

What I've found out yet is that the error only happens with the static build.
Where by in both cases, either shared or static, -lldap is present, but no
-llber. That Ubuntu version also doesn't have pkg-config for ldap, otherwise
one could prefer it actually. Heh, strange it is. Do you think adding an
explicit check for x86_64-linux-gnu would make sense? Actually it doesn't sound
right.

Regards

Anatol