hi Dmitry,

Awesome work! Thanks.

I do like you keep what was discussed last time. Make the basics
available and leave the rest to the applications (doctrine or other).

I feel too that how the apps will interact with may need some more
discussions but other commented on it so I won't interfer here :).

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Dmitry Stogov <dmi...@zend.com> wrote:
> The proposed by you "@..." syntax just won't fit into PHP grammar, because @
> used as silence operator.
>
> Attribute, syntax is taken from HHVM. I don't see a big reason to introduce
> more fragmentation into PHP world.

Also see https://docs.hhvm.com/hack/attributes/syntax and I fully
agree with Dmitry here. It makes no sense now to go with our own
syntax.

If any of the hhvm developers are around, we may get some feedbacks
about their current APIs (using getAttributes) and if they would like
to change one thing or another. That could (or must) part of the PHP
specifications.

Cheers,
--
Pierre