On 25 April 2016 at 20:07, S.A.N <ua.san.a...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "opcache".

> I'm
> strong
> >>
> >> Yes, there are a lot of libraries to work with shared memory, but why
> >> should they if there OPcache in core PHP?
> >> Functions get, set key values will be useful and in demand.
> >

> > Because different situations call for different functionality. If the
> only
> > reason not to use APCu was the need to install a PECL extension, then
> nobody
> > would have implemented a PECL extension for Memcache, or Redis, etc.
> >
> > Storing data in PHP's shared memory has several downsides - for instance,
> > inability to share with CLI / services built in other languages,
> > non-persistent across server restarts, not shareable across instances,
> etc.
> > For you, these may not be an issue, but to say that "if APCu
> functionality
> > was in core, nobody would need any other memory cache" is somewhat naive.
>
> I am not against third-party libraries, I want to have this
> functionality out of the box, it seems to me correct to make these
> functions in OPCache, instead of adding  Apcu to PHP core, IMHO...

You are still asking for a tool that does a very precise and single thing
to be re-purposed into a completely different scope.

Use the right tool for the right job: including APCu would be much
clearer/simpler than making OpCache an all-purpose shared memory space for
userland.

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://ocramius.github.com/