On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 8:29 PM, Dmitry Stogov <dmi...@zend.com> wrote:

> Hi internals,
>

> I've started voting on "PHP Attributes" RFC.
>

> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/attributes
>

> In my opinion, "PHP Attributes" might be a smart tool for PHP extension,
> but it's not going to be the end of the world, if we decided to live with
> doc-comments only.
>

> Thanks. Dmitry.

I voted -1

Reasons: from a Doctrine Annotations maintainer perspective, either getting
a list (without keys) of strings back or ast\nodes are not enough or way
too advanced for our use-case. The middle ground is missing where a
<php-constant> (Name borrowed from the RFC) can be an arbitrarily deep
nested array, that means getAttributes() does should not only return
"string" or ast\node as result for each attribute, to there should be a way
to get arrays back.

Example:

https://gist.github.com/beberlei/18db9f7d5f6157b817348a58fa2aee25

greetings