On 27 July 2016 23:45:10 GMT+01:00, Thomas Bley <ma...@thomasbley.de> wrote:
>> In many ways, defining a built-in function e($string, $context) would
>
>> fulfil most of the above.
>
>If things are so easy, why does so much code exist with XSS problems?

Firstly, because there is no such built in function. I don't mean "telling
everyone to implement one", I mean it existing in every copy of PHP.

But secondly, because people are lazy, or misunderstand, or make mistakes when
they're in a hurry. Your RFC isn't going to magically fix all those things.

It's possible to agree that something's a problem without agreeing the
solution. You seem to be implying in a couple of mails that anyone who doesn't
support your ideas is anti-security, which is patently not true.

Regards,

--
Rowan Collins
[IMSoP]