On 02/09/16 11:37, Rowan Collins wrote:
> If somebody's *not* using a library to build the form (e.g. they're
> laying out the HTML by hand), are they likely to set up the complex
> validation settings needed by the filter_* functions?

The main problem is the lack of well built libraries that also take care
of validation. Form Builders don't often include a good validation
model. I've been going through those hoops for the last couple of years.

If we have a set of validated parameters coming in from that form then
as you say do the rules then exist to build a filter array, while I'm
looking to those rules simply to be applied when I save each parameter
to it's internal variable.

A filter of "is this string corrupted with an injection attempt" seems
rather more difficult to define than "email"? And applying the first in
general on every string when there are as set of simple filters that can
be used ... as an alternative to the more difficult to define ones?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL