Hi,

As far as I understand the bug #73067, it was about avoiding the fatal error,
not about avoiding the exception. Please correct if I'm wrong. But given this,
the fatal error still persists while the exception is removed. It looks like
it's doing the exact reversed to what one would expect - no fatal error and the
exception can be catched.

I see that it's not yet released in 7.0, so I would prefer to revert this in
the release, at least. Hui, Nikita, do you think it's possible to improve this
for 7.0 in a follow up? I would revert in 7.0.12 and there'll be room to fix it
in the dev branch till 7.0.13. Otherwise I'd suggest to revert to the previous
behavior in 7.0+ and do a fix in an appropriate higher branch.

Thanks

Anatol