On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 10:50 PM, Craig Duncan <p...@duncanc.co.uk> wrote:

> I've updated the RFC now to include count(null) which resolves the final
> open question.
>
> If there isn't any more feedback I'll open voting in a few days
>
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/counting_non_countables
>
> Thanks,
> Craig

I'm not sure I understand the motivation for throwing a deprecation notice
instead of a warning. In particular, what is the action that will be taken
here in the next major version? I guess we would throw a warning and return
false (instead of 0/1). But is the change of return value from 0/1 to false
really sufficiently worthwhile to go with a deprecation first?

In any case, if you want to go with deprecation, please specify what action
this RFC implies for PHP 8.

Nikita