Am 18.05.2017 um 12:08 schrieb Marco Pivetta:
On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 2:35 AM, Johannes Schlüter <johan...@schlueters.de>
wrote:

On Mi, 2017-05-17 at 23:30 +0200, Marco Pivetta wrote:
Is Sebastian copied in here? Why can't we just use the super-battle-
tested
PHPUnit? It supports phpt and a ton of plugins, plus everyone uses it
and
is familiar with it.

PHPUnit is huge. run-tests is a small script in a single file which I
can quickly edit. For PHPUnit I have multiple files and need tooling to
phar them up.

You don't need to phar them up - just run a typical composer installation,
like everyone else, and like every PHP package running CI on
travis-ci/circle-ci/continuous-php ever built in the last 5 years.
At this point, composer and phpunit are such big players that breaking them
or breaking PHP makes no difference at all for the user-base

who is the userbase you are talking about?

* no composer here
* no php-unit here

but 250000 LOC and own testsuites and own deployment systems written in PHP without any third party libraries driving some hundret domains in place as well as a rpmbuild running "run-tests.php" as part of the build process