On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 9:54 PM, Anatol Belski <weltl...@outlook.de> wrote:

> Hi,

After reading related discussion on openssl-users [1], I'm not so sure if
we should be doing that at all...

Especially I agree with this bit:

"Making your code more complex is a far higher risk than a practical
certificate forgery based on a collision attack on SHA-1. "

The only thing, that makes sense IMHO would be adding support for setting
security level only for OpenSSL 1.1.

[1]
http://openssl.6102.n7.nabble.com/Rejecting-SHA-1-certificates-td71439.html

Cheers