Am 28.07.2017 um 18:21 schrieb Kalle Sommer Nielsen:
I'm sure there will be many strong opinions on this, but let's move
this to a new thread. :D

1. This would be an 8.0 change as it does represent a significant BC change.
2. We can discuss the possibility of INI options or other mitigation
strategies for misbehaving code bases (and they do exist).
3. I'm definitely not decided on what I'd like from default session
behavior. An error isn't out of the question, for sure.

I for one thing it makes a lot of sense to make superglobals
read-only, writing to them seems more like a hack anyway and should be
avoided

wrong question!

the right questions are

* are you fored to do so
* are you harmed by the possibility

and only if you can answer both with "yes" it's worth to cosindr changes breaking a ton of perfect working code