Hi!

> This is true within the context of the current "shared nothing"
> design of PHP. There has been talk - and indeed existing
> implementations - of a more event-based system, where this state
> would no longer be naturally global in any sense. But as I

That's fine - but in that design, you should not be using environment
that is true global. You should be using something else. As such,
there's no reason to mess with superglobals.

> radical new representation, rather than just playing around with the
> current superglobals.

And I have no problem with that. As I said, you can always build a layer
of indirection that suits your particular design, and many frameworks do
just that. But to enable this, the language layer - the bottom layer -
should be flexible, and it is such right now.
--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com