On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 20:11:18 +0000 / Rowan Collins
<rowan.coll...@gmail.com> said :

> On 30/10/2017 03:14, Dan Ackroyd wrote:
> > The vote for this should have ended......3 days ago.
> >
> > At which point I believe the vote was actually passing.
>

> Hm, that's awkward!
>
> For the record:
>
> - voting was announced on the evening of the 9th "for two weeks"
> which would imply the evening of the 23rd
> - however, the e-mail also said "Vote will end on Wednesday the 25th
> of October. "

Don't know where that 9th is from? I posted my email around 11 am on
Tusday October 10th, so +2 weeks is Tuesday October 24th, but I thought
it would close at midnight, so on the 25th :)

> - the wiki page states "Vote closing on Oct 27, 2017."

My bad there, sorry, I counted two weeks from when someone told me to
put the date on the wiki (which I forgot to do).

> - https://php-rfc-watch.beberlei.de/ lists "daverandom" voting No at
> 2017-10-28T07:28:00+0000 (*mutters something about relative date
> display being uselessly vague*)
>
> It's possible that daverandom was several hours west of Greenwich at
> the time (e.g. in North America), where it was still late on October
> 27th. So taking the latest of the three published closing dates, and
> applying the most generous time zone, it's possible that all the
> votes were valid.

Ah yeah didn't thought of that, but I'm in NZ, so the dates I
talked about were UTC+13.

> In my opinion, the very fact that it was this close suggests that
> there is not consensus in favour of the change, and therefore it
> would be reasonable to err on the side of caution, and not adopt the
> change.

Agreed.