Hi Internals!

I prepared a PR to add the `scalar` pseudo-type to PHP after the
discussions around adding a `mixed` pseudo-type. I strongly believe that
it makes sense to provide the most common primitive union types with
handy aliases even if we are going to add union types in the future to PHP.

https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/2987

I added support for parameter type covariance and return type
contravariance to make it as useful in daily development as possible.

I will provide the RFC write-up asap at:

https://wiki.php.net/rfc/scalar-pseudo-type

--
Richard "Fleshgrinder" Fussenegger