On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 9:56:21 AM CST Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
> Am 26.12.2017 um 16:46 schrieb li...@rhsoft.net:
> > would you mind to explain this?
>
> "Foo|Bar", "array|string", etc. (still) make no sense to me.
>
> "scalar" makes sense to me although it is but an alias for
> "bool|float|int|string".

If I may, I think the argument has always been that

1) Foo & Bar makes total sense
2) int|float makes total sense
3) int & string is illogical so wouldn't matter anyway
4) Foo|Bar rarely makes sense but may sometimes, and its legality is an
acceptable trade-off to get the first two.

In previous discussions it always seemed that people fixated on case 4 and
ignored the usefulness of cases 1 and 2.

--Larry Garfield