On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 5:34 AM, Johannes Schlüter
<johan...@schlueters.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On So, 2018-01-21 at 18:01 +0000, Gabriel Caruso wrote:
>> After that, I like to propose and discuss a new function for PHP 7.x
>> (current 7.3): is_countable.
>>
>> *RFC*: https://wiki.php.net/rfc/is-countable.
>
> The primary place for this imo should be reflection.

You did not provide any justification. As you do so keep in mind a lot
of code is going to look like:

    if (is_countable($arg)) {
        /* take a different code path, such as pre-allocating storage */
    }

This is not an easily reflectable thing because it's based on an
argument which may not even be an object type. Additionally we have a
well-established convention of `is_*` function for types specifically
known to the engine as is the case here.