On 7 May 2018 22:02:06 BST, "S.A.N" <ua.san.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Fiber and all async functions, without event-loop - useless.
>Need new PHP Application Server.
>Best variant `libuv` in core PHP for event-loop and async I/O, and
>implementing as async PHP SAPI as `Nginx Unit` module

These are all good ideas, but I don't think any of them are logical "must
haves".

- Async functions might be useful in all sorts of contexts outside of a global
event loop. For instance, handling non-blocking I/O.
- An event loop doesn't necessarily imply a built-in Application Server, e.g. a
worker for a message queue or task broker.
- A full Application Server implies important decisions about the language
itself, like how to represent requests and responses, how global and static
scopes work, etc. These need to be designed in the abstract, and an interface
like Python's WSGI defined, before worrying about implementation details.
- Once we've standardised the userland, the internal Async SAPI interface can
be implemented, and an Nginx Node might well be one of the implementations, but
that's not something we need to think about yet.

Regards,

--
Rowan Collins
[IMSoP]