On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 1:06 PM Arvids Godjuks <arvids.godj...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> пн, 16 июл. 2018 г. в 13:56, Zeljko Mitic <mitke...@gmail.com>:
>
>> I tried to, but I honestly can't see the problem. No decent programmer
>> makes error by sending wrong type of parameter and this feature is 100%
>> optional. I know for sure that even in my dev computer, I would use this
>> feature, and probably most programmers aware of the issue.
>>
>> Maybe simpler example: if I send a string to above function, the only
>> difference is that PHP would start executing inner code. But an inner line
>> like $user->getEmail() would still throw fatal error, still very easy to
>> spot.
>>
>> But again, I really don't see that happening and I am not an expert. And
>> I still never make errors like that, not even when I was learning php. And
>> if dev computer keeps checking type (default), it is very easy to spot a
>> big mistake like that.
>>
>> Given this is open discussion, I would like to see where I was wrong.
>>
>> Btw, you were not harsh at all.
>>

> Basically, you went wrong when you proposed a switch that controlls
> language behavior. To add to that - a switch that probably is not
> controllable by code that is running.
>
> Long story short in a time of php 5.3 - 5.6 it was collectively agreed
> that switches that control language execution are evil, are hard to
> maintain and having language behave differently due to hosting enforcing
> one or the other setting and you as a user having no way to control that is
> just bad. Since then, the most evil switches were purged with extreme
> pregidece and trying to introduce anything even remotly close to that is a
> suicide mission :)
>
> P.S. RIP magic_quotes, register_globals, short_tags and some other
> articats of old. May you never be disturbed again.
>

> --
> Arvīds Godjuks
>
> +371 26 851 664
> arvids.godj...@gmail.com
> Skype: psihius
> Telegram: @psihius https://t.me/psihius

Ok, I see your point now. Bit isn't opcache.validate exactly the opposite
of that? When user deploys the code, he would not see changes before fpm is
restarted. Or worse; if opcache didn't cache some file because it was not
called before, more problems would happen.

But please, do keep in mind that I would like to have this feature as
optional.