пн, 16 июл. 2018 г. в 14:14, Zeljko Mitic <mitke...@gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 1:06 PM Arvids Godjuks <arvids.godj...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> пн, 16 июл. 2018 г. в 13:56, Zeljko Mitic <mitke...@gmail.com>:
>>
>>> I tried to, but I honestly can't see the problem. No decent programmer
>>> makes error by sending wrong type of parameter and this feature is 100%
>>> optional. I know for sure that even in my dev computer, I would use this
>>> feature, and probably most programmers aware of the issue.
>>>
>>> Maybe simpler example: if I send a string to above function, the only
>>> difference is that PHP would start executing inner code. But an inner line
>>> like $user->getEmail() would still throw fatal error, still very easy to
>>> spot.
>>>
>>> But again, I really don't see that happening and I am not an expert. And
>>> I still never make errors like that, not even when I was learning php. And
>>> if dev computer keeps checking type (default), it is very easy to spot a
>>> big mistake like that.
>>>
>>> Given this is open discussion, I would like to see where I was wrong.
>>>
>>> Btw, you were not harsh at all.
>>>

>> Basically, you went wrong when you proposed a switch that controlls
>> language behavior. To add to that - a switch that probably is not
>> controllable by code that is running.
>>
>> Long story short in a time of php 5.3 - 5.6 it was collectively agreed
>> that switches that control language execution are evil, are hard to
>> maintain and having language behave differently due to hosting enforcing
>> one or the other setting and you as a user having no way to control that is
>> just bad. Since then, the most evil switches were purged with extreme
>> pregidece and trying to introduce anything even remotly close to that is a
>> suicide mission :)
>>
>> P.S. RIP magic_quotes, register_globals, short_tags and some other
>> articats of old. May you never be disturbed again.
>>

>> --
>> Arvīds Godjuks
>>
>> +371 26 851 664
>> arvids.godj...@gmail.com
>> Skype: psihius
>> Telegram: @psihius https://t.me/psihius
>>

> Ok, I see your point now. Bit isn't opcache.validate exactly the opposite
> of that? When user deploys the code, he would not see changes before fpm is
> restarted. Or worse; if opcache didn't cache some file because it was not
> called before, more problems would happen.
>
> But please, do keep in mind that I would like to have this feature as
> optional.

Opcache is not the PHP language - it's an opcode caching tool that is
bundled with PHP engine for performance reasons. It does not change
language construct behavior. It does not impact the application behavior -
it only affects code loading performance. Think of it as a
memcache/redis for your database - same idea.