On 06.12.2018 at 17:26, Marco Pivetta wrote:

> Looks very interesting, especially for simplifying the landscape of
> extensions.
>
> Still, the amount of abbreviations and naming issues is quite huge: needs a
> lot of care on that end, IMO. Even just the name of the type (`FFI`) can
> simply be expanded to `ForeignFunctionInterface`.

By the same reasoning, http_response_code() is a bad name, and should be
changed to hyper_text_transfer_protocol_response_code().  Same for
parse_url(), which should better be named
parse_uniform_resource_locator(). ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having self-explaining identifiers, but
if within a given domain an abbreviation is *very* common, it makes not
much sense to spell it out.  And FFI is very common when interfacing to
C from a scripting language.

--
Christoph M. Becker