On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 2:58 PM Helmut K. C. Tessarek <tessa...@evermeet.cx>
wrote:

> On 2018-12-08 22:43, Helmut K. C. Tessarek wrote:
> > Please don't bite my head off for posting to the internals list, but I
> > think it is a bug in configure. If it is not, I'm more than happy to
> > post it in the users group.
> >
> > I run into an error when trying to configure PHP 7.2.13 with a static
> > openssl 1.1.1. The strange thing however is that using a static openssl
> > 1.0.2 works.
> >
> > The error is as follows:
> >
> > checking for OpenSSL version... >= 1.0.1
> > checking for CRYPTO_free in -lcrypto... yes
> > checking for SSL_CTX_set_ssl_version in -lssl... no
> > configure: error: libssl not found!
> >
> > I've also tried to set:
> > export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/ssl-1.1.1/lib/pkgconfig/
> >
> > But it did not help.
> >
> > Here's my config.log: https://evermeet.cx/pub/logs/config.log
> >
> > (I've compiled Apache httpd successfully against this static openssl
> > 1.1.1 version, so I know that it works.)
> >
> > Has someone seen this issue before? Any ideas why this is happening?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >   K. C.
> >

> It seems that nobody thinks this belongs in this group.
>
> Can anyone tell me where I should post this question to?
> To the General user list, or the Installation issues and problems list?

You should create a bug report.

Please note that a static configuration has some issues (e.g.
https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=73609 and think there were more issues
maybe). Basically it's not well supported so I would recommend to do a
shared build instead otherwise you are probably on your own unless someone
finds time to look into it.

Cheers

Jakub