On Thu, 31 Jan 2019, Dmitry Stogov wrote:

> On 1/31/19 8:08 PM, Derick Rethans wrote:
> > On Thu, 31 Jan 2019, Dmitry Stogov wrote:
> >
> >> I'm glad to finally propose including JIT into PHP.
> >>
> >> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/jit
> >
> > I don't see anywhere in this RFC how it would affect thigns that do
> > sneaky things with internals, such as Xdebug. How is that going to be
> > affected?
> >

> I suppose Xdebug should work on non-JIT-ed versions of the functions.
> Even JVM deoptimizes to bytecode when debugging.

So, in that case, I think I would need to be able to instruct the PHP
JIT engine to be turned off. Perhaps through an API?

Similarly, I think it might be useful for OPcache as well, as I am
getting more people confused why some breakpoints don't work, or
variables don't exist:
https://bugs.xdebug.org/view.php?id=1609

cheers,
Derick