On Thu, Jan 31, 2019, 11:39 PM Dmitry Stogov <dmi...@zend.com wrote:

> I don't see any problems with including JIT without Windows support.
> Windows runs PHP much slower any way.

How so? I tend to disagree here. Except if recent changes affect Windows
indirectly (as in optimization done on linux only).

Also while I use php on windows less, I still see a large amount of
companies using php on windows,  in similar ways than on Linux.

Nikita concerns are valid, PHP is and should remain a cross platform
language. And some top OSes besides linux should remain a target. Easier
said than done and willing to help at least for windows. I am sure msft
teams will step in as well.