Hi!

>     > Anyhow, this is water under the bridge now, and I think we should
>     issue
>     > a call for maintainership[4] for ext/imap as soon as possible, since
>     > this is not the only issue[5] of this unmaintained[6] extension.
>
>     Pierre is listed as maintainer. But given that he is for deprecating it,
>     I guess we try to find somebody who is willing to revive it (not likely)
>     and failing that (likely) go the deprecation route probably... Given how
>     many references to it I see on github though, it's not the best outcome.
>

> I'd like to take this one, too.

That's be great. I see there are 57 open bugs for imap, triaging them
would be a good start.

> RoundCube may roll its own, but I know the popular Horde IMP uses this
> extensively. I suspect that the extension's going to have the
> performance one would desire when dealing with giant mailboxes, but
> c-client is hard to deal with. I've had experience with c-client for a
> while (stretching back to Pine days), and yet still would like to
> roadmap our way to a modern implementation.

Migrating to something more modern (and not dead :) would definitely be
great. May be not that easy though given that one has to keep both APIs
and mailbox formats (at least to some measure) for it to be useful.
Alternative imap implementation may be a good route too...
--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@gmail.com