Hello everybody,

I want to give you the general state of the Firebird driver. At the end of
January, I agreed to continue developing the Firebird driver as a maintainer.
In this regard, I first took care of getting familiar with the code and an
important bug (# 72175).

Obviously, this information has not got through to the PHP community for a
variety of reasons. Unfortunately, the project seems to be pulled away by the
vote to remove the driver underfoot.

It would be nice if someone could agree with me on the further steps regarding
further development. I particularly need help with the following points:
1. How will I be deposited as a maintainer?
2. Who has commit rights for changes?
3. How are changes in the documentation checked in? Here are my changes have
not been committed for years.
4. Where are the current development guidelines? I have an old book, but it
does not seem to reflect the current quality standards.

Maybe it's to late. But maybe we (the Firebird and the PHP community) can
continue on a common path.

Regards,
Martin